• If you are moving using a moving company, be sure to show them everything to be moved. Get a written estimate before the move and make sure your movers are properly licensed.
• If you are moving on your own and using a rental truck, be sure to get a reservation prior to the move. Other useful items include a handtruck, ropes, boxes & packing material, all of which can be provided by All City Storage.
• Begin with more boxes than you need. Most people underestimate their actual box needs.
• Use small boxes for heavier items and larger boxes for lighter things. Avoid packing fragile and heavy items together.
• Fill each box completely to prevent collapse. When finished, seal them completely with strong packing tape.
• Number your boxes and mark contents according to room on the side.
• Store only clean & dry things to prevent moth and mildew damage.
• Place frequently-needed items near the door to make them easier to reach.
• You may want to create a diagram for where all the boxes are to be placed.
• Leave a small space between every item for ventilation.
• Place heavy items on the bottom and light or odd-shaped items on the top.
• Pack boxes with the labels facing out for easy visibility.